15 June 20171st car in Kinloss
Moray Carshare is happy to announce that we have now expanded into Kinloss. We have placed a Toyota Aygo at the west end of the village, near the T-junction beside the Abbey Inn. We already have 7 members in Kinloss, and are very open to more applications. Our aim is to put another car in Kinloss once we have attracted enough members. We would hope to place a 2nd car at the other end of the village, near the army base and the Kinloss South Estate.
The development work to enable this expansion has been funded through the Developing Car Clubs Scotland programme of Transport Scotland.
01 June 2017Bea Jefferson is our new assistant manager
We are delighted to anounce that starting on 1st June we have appointed Bea Jefferson as assistant manager of Moray Carshare. Bea will be working about 18 hours a week on various management tasks, including our accounts. That will free Gordon up to concentrate more on the development work that is being funded by Transport Scotland over the next 10 months: expansion into Kinloss, increased membership in existing districts, an electric vehicle in Forres, the introduction of organisational membership and general improvement of our services.
Bea (pronounced “bee”) has plenty of experience working for not-for-profit organisations and on community and regional development projects. She is a qualified accountant and an experienced charity treasurer. She and her partner moved to Forres a couple of years ago, and she now feels very much at home here and is well connected to people and groups in Forres who are trying to make it an even better place to live in.
You can contact Bea on firstname.lastname@example.org.
26 April 2017Job opportunity - assistant manager
Assistant Manager – Moray Carshare
Thanks to a grant from Transport Scotland’s Developing Car Clubs Scotland programme, Moray Carshare is now able to offer the following position:
Job title: Assistant Manager.
Hours: 18 hours a week (could be increased in the future).
Pay: £11.50 per hour on a self-employed basis.
Timing: Fixed-term, grant-funded contract from 1st June. We hope, however, that funds will allow the position to continue beyond the 10 months.
Responsibilities: The job entails learning and assisting with the following management tasks, and in time taking over primary responsibility for some of them:
- Responding to member enquiries & requests;
- Accounting & book-keeping
- Maintaining our websites & documentation;
- Implementing new facilities and services;
- Purchase of new cars;
- Preparing and participating in various meetings;
- Communicating with other organisations.
- Good communication skills when dealing with people;
- Experienced and at ease in using computer programmes for administrative work;
- Ability to pay attention to detail and comfortable dealing with figures (book-keeping experience would be an advantage);
- Knowledge of cars would be an advantage;
- A valid driving licence and living in the Forres/Kinloss/Findhorn area are essential;
- Comfortable holding responsibility and willing to take on more with time, including the further development of our services.
To apply or for more information, contact Gordon McAlpine (manager) on 01309 691 625 or email@example.com. Application deadline: 12 noon, Monday 8th May.
19 April 2017Development grant
Moray Carshare has just been awarded a £13,000 development grant to further expand our services! The grant, which is part of Transport Scotland's Developing Car Clubs Scotland project, facilitates the current manager to focus half of his time on this development work. We are therefore in need of a half-time assistant manager - see separate news item.
The development grant has been awarded to support the following activities:
- Expand our operations into Kinloss.
- Investigate funding & locations for an electric vehicle and a fast charging point in central Forres.
- Creating and promoting an organisational membership scheme, which allows not-for-profit organisations to use our services for their activities.
- Exploring new services in areas around Forres: e.g. Forres Enterprise Park, Rafford, Dyke or Altyre.
- Increasing our fleet and our membership in our existing locations: Forres & Findhorn.
- Creating our own Facebook page.